After several months of R&D based on years of customer feedback, and the latest innovations in the field of data transmissions and UAV control, Vertical Technologies is proud to introduce the DeltaQuad Controller.
The DeltaQuad Controller is an integrated UAV data link and remote control solution that leverages the latest innovations based on D2D technology. This means the easy to use hand-held remote control solution can offer up to 50KM HD video transmission. Furthermore it offers seamless switching to LTE based encrypted communication where available. This makes the DeltaQuad Controller the first remote controller that can stream both HD video and Command & Control data over long distance encrypted D2D radio signal, and/or using the LTE network with unlimited range.
- IP67 all weather operation
- Touch-screen and physical input
- Manual control of all DeltaQuad models
- Encrypted 2.4Ghz ISM band, world-wide license-free operation
- 30KM (standard) or 50KM (extended) D2D data link range
- Optional LTE (3G&4G mobile internet)
- Instant swiching between Radio and LTE communications
- Standard FPV nose camera integration.
- Live video data for mapping surveillance and inspection cameras
- CE & FCC certified
- Video and/or Command & Control sharing on second screen / command center
Added value for DeltaQuad models
All DeltaQuad models equipped with the DeltaQuad Controller are now suitable for both full/semi autonomous operation as well as easy manual (guided) control through standard joystick input.
DeltaQuad Pro #VIEW
The DeltaQuad Pro #VIEW will now come standard with the DeltaQuad Controller. This means that, in addition to the existing features, the system will now offer;
- Both long range radio and instant switching to VPN secured LTE based communication. Both the HD video link and the Command & Control link will instantly switch to the selected communication channel. Even manual control is supported on both channels.
- Pilot guided flights allowing joystick control in both fixed-wing and hover flight modes allow a much greater level of control in surveillance flights and/or precision landing.
- Single or dual pilot operation means that both the UAV and the gimbal can be controlled either by a single pilot directly from the controller, or separated control where a separate camera operator station can be attached.
- Leveraging the VPN based LTE solution, a remote command center can easily connect to the DeltaQuad controller for live video or even remote camera control without any range limitations. Even when the UAV is flying in LTE deprived areas.
DeltaQuad Pro #MAP
Using the DeltaQuad Pro #MAP combined with the DeltaQuad Controller provides the following additional functionalities.
- Standard FPV nose camera feed with long range HD video transmission for enhanced safety and situational awareness.
- Live HDMI based video to instantly monitor the mapping camera activity means that incorrect settings or unsharp pictures are instantly spotted.
- Instant switching between the FPV nose camera or the mapping camera video feed.
- Instant switching between radio and LTE based communication for both video and Command & Control.
- Simple manual control pilot operation for precision landing.
DeltaQuad Pro #CARGO
Using the DeltaQuad Pro #CARGO equipped with the DeltaQuad Controller provides the following additional features;
- FPV nose camera for HD situational awareness during flights
- Live video streaming and Command & Control on both radio or LTE based communication.
- Leveraging the VPN based LTE solution, a remote command center can easily connect to the DeltaQuad controller for live video without any range limitations. Even when the UAV is flying in LTE deprived areas.
- Pilot guided flights allowing joystick control in both fixed-wing and hover flight modes allow a much greater level of control in inspection flights and/or precision landing.
Radio ranges to up to 50KM
Leveraging the latest D2D technology, the DeltaQuad Controller can transmit live HD video with very low latency over vast distances. The Standard package offers up to 30KM HD video range in FCC compliant mode, and up to 25KM in CE compliant mode.
Using the long range solution which amplifies the signal to several watts, and the usage of a simple to install directional antenna attached to the controller, can achieve transmission ranges of up to 50KM with HD live video. To operate the extended range package a permit might be required by your local regulatory body.
VPN based LTE integration
The DeltaQuad controller is capable of seamless switching between the long-range radio communication and, where available, LTE mobile internet. The UAV can optionally be equipped with a sim-card and will automatically connect to the DeltaQuad Controller over an encrypted VPN tunnel. The DeltaQuad controller will show which channels are available and allow switching between radio and LTE based communication through a simple tap on the screen. All data (Video, Telemetry and Manual control) is instantly switched between these communication channels.
The DeltaQuad models were designed for fully autonomous flight from takeoff to landing. Using the DeltaQuad Controller adds pilot control options by a simply flicking a switch. In pilot guided mode the DeltaQuad can be operated intuitively with the need for skilled fixed wing UAV pilots. In guided flight mode the UAV will maintain altitude and heading until the pilot touches the joystick to control the vehicle. Simple up/down and left/right joystick input commands the vehicle in any desired direction. Combined with the large touch-screen command interface with integrated satellite maps and live FPV video, the system can be easily operated over large distances. In hover mode (during takeoff and landing), these same controls allow for easy pilot intervention. Once pilot control is activated in hover mode, the DeltaQuad will remain hovering until an instruction is received from the pilot. Intuitive joystick operation allows manual control of the UAV identical to any standard drone. This facilitates precision landing and provides a more intuitive method to take manual control of the vehicle.
We’ve worked hard to get this done right and we are extremely satisfied with the end result. Thanks for reading!